Friday, July 16, 2010

Change from Within

It has always been my personal and profession passion to help effect change in others and in the world. The change I work towards is mostly external, helping and serving others. I find myself asking question like, "How can I change the system?" or "How can the world be different?" It sounds very lofty and altruistic. I'm beginning, however, to challenge myself to see how this type of journey can be pretty cowardly.

The more difficult journey is to be willing to admit when change needs to occur from within. To look at the lives we are leading and commit ourselves to change. That life change can take the form of making amends or it can mean requiring a fresh start for ourselves...more often it requires both.

And so I will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment