Monday, March 1, 2010

Asking.

In August of 2009, I began talks with the executive director of Transitions Global, James Pond, about bringing compassion fatigue relief training to his staff in Cambodia in August 2010. Because I believe so strongly in the need for secondary trauma care and feel so passionately about the fight against sexual slavery, I offered these services completely pro bono.
What I am not able to cover is my own travel expenses (roughly $2,000). I am hoping that I can find 100 friends to donate $20. I would also be interested in locating a corporation or group willing to sponsor my work. In the Greater DC region, I am available to come to your organization or company to speak about this issue so you may learn more about compassion fatigue and the issue of human trafficking.
To donate to this effort, follow the Donate link to the right of this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment